Pancakes are one of the easiest food to prepare and you do not need any complicated kitchen gadgets to get it done.
they look good with fruits, butter and maple syrup and tastes even better than it looks!
you will need 20 minutes from the start till the time you get to try out the hot pancakes and the below is a really easy recipe to follow ;
1 cup of all purpose flour ( or cake flour )
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoon of caster sugar ( you may add lesser if you like )
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Butter ( for cooking and topping )
berries ( used as topping for the pancakes )
Maple Syrup or Honey ( topping for the pancakes )
icing sugar (optional )
light whipped cream (optional )
- Mix the flour, baking soda and the baking powder together, set aside.
- mix the milk, egg, sugar and vanilla essence together, set aside.
- add the milk mixture into the flour mixture and blend until you get a smooth batter.
- grease the pan with butter or vegetable oil.
- drop the batter using either any ladles which you like, depending on the side of the pancake you wish to make. ( i used a soup ladle but only filled it up 3/4 full for smaller pancakes )
- cook until you see bubbles or pitted bubbles appearing on the surface and flip immediately. ( it takes less than a minute for that to happen and it cooks very fast so do not wait too long. )
- when the pancake it cooked, stack it up in threes or fours.
- sprinkle a little icing sugar (Optional )
- add a little light whipped cream (Optional )
- add butter, fruits and maple syrup.
- Enjoy the beauty!! :)